Monday, November 24, 2008
Much Too Busy...
It is Thanksgiving week and I am beginning to feel very overwhelmed. I spent yesterday and today working on my paper of Medieval Literature class. It was a 5 page paper and strangely enough, when I am free to write on the topic of my choice, I have no problems with writing but somehow this paper was a struggle. I should have started it earlier, but I wanted to wait for the results of my first paper. I received my first paper last Thursday and was really disappointed to get a C+. I know it wasn't a stellar paper, but I felt that I had some really good ideas. The comments on the paper seemed to be directed more towards the technicalities of writing a paper, as opposed to the content. One of the comments was directed towards the spacing I used (yet, no mention was made on the spacing of the response papers that I have been turning in every week this semester) and other annoying comments seemed to stem from a cursory reading of my paper. The TA graded it and when I asked to talk about my paper with her, she said that she had to be somewhere and to write an e-mail about my concerns. That very day, I wrote my e-mail, but still have not received a reply. I felt dejected the whole weekend, questioning my ability to write and whether I really belong in school. I should have went to school today, but since I was worried about getting a good grade for this class, I decided to stay home and work on my paper some more. Normally I am loathe to miss my art history class, but I am hoping that I can trade notes with someone.

No comments:
Post a Comment