Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Design-her Gals

While going through the offers I received in my e-mail Inbox, I was intrigued by a Franklin Covey offer and clicked on the link to their site. After a while, I found a luggage tag which seems ideal for replacing the dilapidated plastic ID and train pass holder I have. Through reading the item's description I found out about a company called Design-her Gals which specializes in creating personalized stationary. The stationary is really unique in that different avatars, or characters, can be created to look like a distinctive person. I created one of myself which I am very happy with. I was able to choose among different options to create a unique image of me such as: hair, eye color/shape, clothing and other identifying props such as things, pets, significant others, etc. Here is my picture



(By the way, in case anyone I know is wondering, I don't have a sheepdog yet, but I'm looking forward to having one in the future.)

I had a really fun time creating my own avatar and I am going to ask Christopher if he would purchase a set of note cards to go with it as a belated birthday gift. Designing my avatar really created a sense of ownership for me and having stationary to go with it makes the stationary very special and personal. The best thing about the Design-her Gals stationary is that 5% of every purchase goes to help Stage IV breast cancer patients through the Gal To Gal Foundation. It's a great excuse to buy some stationary for yourself or even for a friend. There is even an option to put both you and a friend or significant other on the same stationary.

By the way, if anyone knows how I can add my avatar to the menu on the left side of this blog, I would be happy for the information.

No comments: