Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Looking Forward to Thursday

I'm so glad that tomorrow is Thursday since that is when my weekend starts. Not that I get to goof around since a student's work is never ending, but at least I can take a breather.

I finally committed all 11 lines of Beowulf in Old English/Anglo-Saxon to memory, but now just have to worry about vocalizing it smoothly. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember the next line. I also have all of the words in Bede's Account of the Poet Caedmon translated in my textbook and may now concentrate on writing it out (if I have some spare time) so that it is easier to read.

I also have to start my second major paper for my Tolkien and Medieval Literature class this weekend and also start working on my Islamic Art and Architecture paper on rock crystal objects during the Fatimid dynasty. I already have some journal articles printed out which are hopefully useful. The professor said that he has a reference for me too, so that should help set me on the right track. I also have to start reviewing the slides from week 6 so that I don't feel overwhelmed with image identifications before the final exam.

Our second Latin exam is coming up next week and so I have to prepare for that too over the weekend.

And between all this, I hope to get a little bit of knitting done so that I will have a warm scarf before the cold weather sets in.

School keeps me really busy, but also happy, especially when I'm on top of everything. I can't imagine doing anything else that is as satisfying as the process of learning and discovery... well, I guess there is the exception of creating things, like drawing, painting, writing, knitting, cooking and baking.

Ok, I guess I should go now. I want to see if there is any significant discussion about rock crystals or references to other works in my textbook.

No comments: