Monday, November 3, 2008

Yawn...

I'm so tired today. I went to sleep late last night and only got about 5 hours of sleep. I guess I shouldn't do that again. I have to read about 100 pages for The Lord of the Rings, but I will do it tomorrow before class since I probably won't really be able to concentrate on the reading.

I stayed after all my classes were done to print out some documents for my Islamic Art and Architecture class and missed the 5:55 PM train I was planning to catch. I went to Qdoba for a "naked" chicken burrito, i.e., a chicken burrito sans tortilla, while waiting for the next train at 6:45 PM, but later wished I didn't. It wasn't very good and I would have been happier with a home-cooked meal, although, considering the circumstances, I probably would have been too tired to cook anything by the time I got home.

I also took a Latin quiz which was postponed since I was absent last Thursday. I had the option to do it on Wednesday, but felt like that was cheating a bit since everyone else already took it. I didn't do very well on it since I was tired and couldn't really think clearly, but the lowest quiz is dropped from the average, so that's a consolation. The highlight of my day was getting my Old English midterm back... a 98%. Woo HOO! All those hours of looking up words in the glossary paid off. Now if only I can do as well on the final... Oh... and by now, I have, more or less, 7 lines of Beowulf in Old English/Anglo-Saxon committed to memory.

No comments: