Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I think I will not finish "The Okinawa Program". I took a look at the recipes in the back of the book and they do not seem like anything that C will eat and I find some of the low-fat recipes a bit hard to swallow, so it doesn't look like anything I can realistically do. I guess I will have to move onto something else that seems a bit more do-able. At least, there is one less book that I feel compelled to read. It will probably go back into the BookMooch queue for someone else who might be more accepting of healthier foods. For now, I will just try to eat a bit more sensibly, cut portion sizes and eat in moderation. I will have to try to find some more healthy, but tasty recipes. I guess adding fish into the equation wouldn't hurt either. I've always liked some fish, although C seems not to enjoy eating them. It's difficult to live with a finicky eater (sigh).

I am going to finish up or at least try to finish up my order for the seeds today. I think I will need a few transplant pots too. I was hoping that I could find them in a nursery around here to save on shipping costs. Home Depot doesn't seem to carry them.

I didn't get much sleep last night. I went to bed around 2:30-3 AM and woke up around 7:30. That's only 5 hours. I had told the other officers in the S Club that I would send the meeting minutes out by 8 AM and wanted to stick to my word. I figured that I would be up at that hour anyway since I had to prepare to leave for school. With the snowstorm, school is closed today so apart from getting up to send the meeting minutes, I didn't have to get up early. Oh well... maybe this will force my sleeping pattern to get back on track since I will be tired tonight.

Hopefully I can catch up on all of my readings for last week. I think that I am reading ahead since we seem to be slipping a bit behind schedule in class. That's okay though. I wouldn't want to be caught behind and it doesn't hurt to be ahead. I still need to do some research about magic and miracles though. I wouldn't want to get behind on that. I should probably start my paper by writing a few preliminary words on it, just to get the creative and thinking process going. It seems less intimidating if I think of writing a page a day than if I were to put it all off until the very last minute. At least I would feel that I have something that just needs a bit of fine-tuning. Often in the past, I would find that although I did a lot of reading and note taking, I don't have a coherent paper until there are actually logical thoughts and paragraph progressions in the paper. Since this is my only class, there is no excuse for not having a strong paper by the end of the semester. Unless I have chosen a poor topic...

No comments: