Friday, February 12, 2010

I managed to read a few pages about early Christian architecture yesterday, although I failed to read the entire chapter. I will have to make it a high priority today. It's really difficult to maintain a set schedule with C around, but I guess I can't always use him as an excuse.

Yesterday I found a book at the public library which may help me with my project on miracles and magic. It didn't have entire chapters devoted to the topic, but there were some clues to where I might be able to find more leads. I also took out a book on traditional archery and heathers. I'd like to eventually try mounted archery and figured that I should get a start somewhere. The book on heathers might prove extremely useful for the solution of what to plant at the steep slope at the side of the house so that C doesn't have to mow the lawn and risk his life by falling off the wall and into the street below.

Maybe today I can go to Rutgers to make a copy of an article we were supposed to read. Unfortunately the professor didn't post it on Sakai, so I'm not exactly sure if she expects us to read it or not. I was under the impression that she would post it on Sakai, but when I last looked it was missing.

So much to do and so little time! That's how I always feel. I think I need to take a meditation class. I'm feeling a bit stressed. I couldn't get to sleep last night either and fell asleep around 2:30 or 3 AM and woke up at about 11:30 AM today. It is difficult to go to sleep early. There are so many things on my mind that I am thinking that I should do. At least I read a chapter of "Twenty Years After" yesterday. The story is getting a bit more exciting now that the four musketeers have met up. Interestingly, it has taken a different turn than I expected as Porthos and d'Artagnan are teamed up with the Cardinal against Aramis and Athos for the grandson of Henry IV. Oh, bother! I don't remember his name, but probably should since he is relevant to English history. John Someone who was probably involved in the War of the Roses. Now I will have to look it up... Oh... it was the Duc de Beaufort. Upon further research, it seems that he has nothing to do with the War of the Roses or John of Gaunt and Katherine Swynford, although they had children with the same surname. I wonder where I got the name "John" from... maybe I mixed him up with John of Gaunt. Oh... Henry IV is in reference to the king of France, not of England. There are so many Henry IVs!

No comments: