Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sneezy, Sniffly Me

I went to school today despite some misgivings about my cold and in Latin class my fears were justified. Sneezing and sniffling and being afraid that someone might catch the cooties from borrowing my Latin dictionary. Strangely enough, two people asked... of all days!

I'm feeling pretty miserable now and I hope that my box of 60 Puff tissues does not run out. I've been digging into the box heavily, so I don't think it will last that much longer. Hopefully Christopher will be able to pick up another box before coming home tonight. My head and nose feel congested and I've been sneezing deeply. You know, the type of sneeze that rattles your body?

I will probably stay home tomorrow so that no one catches my cold. I hate missing art history class since the course is largely lecture-based. I will also miss my Latin quiz. The lowest quiz grade will be dropped at the end of the semester, but still, it would have been nice not to waste it because of a sick day. Plus, that will be my 3rd absence in Latin. I only have one more, I think, before I use up all my allotted absence days. To top it off, I have my weekly response paper for my Tolkien and Medieval Literature class due tomorrow. I already e-mailed my teacher, so maybe she will allow me to turn it in next Tuesday. Of course, I suppose I could drag myself to school and suffer, but why spread the germs and make other people suffer too?

No comments: