Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween !

I woke up today feeling much better. I took Actifed for Colds and Allergy last night and maybe that helped... that or the chicken matzoh ball soup. I don't feel quite so "dangerous" anymore and I can breathe a little more freely.

Christopher and I picked up bags of fun-sized Snickers and Nestle's Crunch to give to the kids today and now there are only two Snickers left. I probably won't answer the door anymore just in case there are more than two kids. It doesn't seem very fair to give candy to some and not to others. The kids were very cute and some of the parents also dressed up. One man was carrying a little baby "panda" with him... how adorable is that!

Christopher seemed put off by the idea of giving candy to children though. I thought it would have been nice to give candy away to children as a couple, but I also didn't want to force him to do something he didn't want to do. Right now he is traveling down to his aunt to pick up Jason. They are planning to go to the Eastern State Penitentiary since they are having their annual Halloween tour. I didn't want to go... not because I am scared of the ghosts or actors jumping out trying to scare visitors, but just because it seems like there must be a lot of bad/evil vibes or "impressions" there from all of the men who were incarcerated. It's sad to see people capitalizing from a place of torture and suffering.

Well... off to Bede's world in Old English for me. One page of translation for today and maybe I can also finish The Song of Roland and get started on The Lord of the Rings for next week.

No comments: