I finally found the packets of seed that I brought this year! Hopefully, it is not too late to start them. So much to do! This coming weekend I plan to divide the catmint, artemesia and yellow daylillies. It seems like the bearded irises near the back door need to be divided too since this year only 3 stalks of flowers have appeared.
The daylilies which I brought from White Flower Farms seem to be doing well in both the front and back of the house. Luckily, I brought an app which helps me to remember to water them, which I've done about once or twice. Mother Nature has also been helping me out by delivering rain these past few days.
I'm not sure how the vincas and lavender are doing, since I haven't been checking on them. Hopefully, they are okay.
It's nice to see that I have some peonies in the garden bed by the mailbox. The previous owner must have planted them there, but they never bloomed because of the shade. Last year, C cut back some of the excess trees, so the extra light encouraged them to bloom. Unfortunately I unknowingly planted an azalea right behind them last fall. I'll have to remember to move that too. The alliums are looking good, though I think I might try a variety with larger flowers for the next time. The daffodils around the mailbox post did not do well at all this season. There were only 3 flowers with heavy droopy heads despite the all the leaves that appeared.


No comments:
Post a Comment