Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I turned in my catalog entries for 30 objects as well as 3 wall texts and submitted the 10 items accompanied by labels for my portion of the virtual exhibition today. What a relief! This was the part of the assignment I dreaded even more than the presentation because it seemed so daunting to write catalog entries for 30 objects! Although I began work on the catalog on Friday, I still needed a lot of time on Tuesday to complete it since I was only halfway done. C was gracious and took off from work to watch B and take care of things around the house while I slaved away at the computer all day yesterday. I probably should have just done one object a day for a month. It would have been much easier, but I was probably trying to keep up with the reading assignments and had little to no time to do so. Although I borrowed books from the library for all of the reading assignments (I detest looking at fuzzy photocopied images), I didn't have time to read them all, although I would have liked to. =( And to imagine that I thought that I could also do the suggested readings!

I really enjoy reading about magic and miracles during the early Christian period. It seems that the more I read, the more I find that there is still more to read! If I haven't mentioned this before, I think I have found an area I would like to specialize in and write a dissertation about. The only question I have now, is whether I should concentrate in history or art history.

Two more weeks to go. Next week I have to give a presentation and the following week the entire project is due. After that, I can just sit and relax and wait for graduation day to arrive. I can't wait! =)

No comments: