Thursday, May 7, 2009

Why, oh why !?

Why did I ever decide to take three art history classes this semester!? I had vowed never to take more than one per semester since I would rather have more time to study a subject in depth than to take on too much information only to know the subject superficially. I guess I was a bit greedy in choosing to do two majors, but I felt that it was a shame to have so much time invested in school and art history classes not to come out of it with a degree in art history. Everything just seemed to have fallen apart around midterms. With all the extra work in Gothic class, there seemed to be little time for everything else. This semester I felt that I was constantly putting out the fire in one class or another as projects, exams and papers were due and by doing so, dropping the ball on the other classes. It was a real balancing act. No, strike that, it was a real juggling act and I'm the clown. In addition, this year I signed up for the Certificate in Historic Preservation so I have a few more required classes I need to take before I graduate, hopefully, with a degree in Medieval Studies, Art History and a Certificate in Historic Preservation.

On the bright side, today I received an e-mail from the librarian at my school asking for book requests. I reviewed my BookMooch wish list to see if the library had any of the books related to medieval studies that I would be interested in looking into once I have time. To my surprise, they seem to be a really well stocked library. I was able to find two books which they did not have, one of which goes for about $300 on Amazon. I figured it was a good library resource for a student with little pocket money and requested that book as well as another one. The nice librarian e-mailed back saying that they have been ordered. Score! ^_^

No comments: