In a way, maybe it is a good move. My skills as a word processor were not being fully utilized there. What they really need is a typist and not a word processor. A word processor types, that is obvious, but the two are not synonymous. Word processors, in general, possess more advanced skills than typists. They know how to properly format a document so that it works efficiently and looks consistent. Not everyone knows how to do this, although most people think they do, just because they use Word. Before I was a word processor, I thought that I knew how to use Word too... until I got a job as a professional word processor.
I want to try to become a professional freelance word processor/presentation specialist. If I could do that, pay off my debts, have a family and one day return to school for a more advanced degree, that would be great. For now, I have a lot of work ahead of me before I can even think of going back. On the bright side, I can get a head start by reading as much as I can about medieval art and history so that by the time I go back, I will be well prepared.
I would like to keep writing, but it's getting late and time for bed. Wouldn't want to be late on my last day of work!

No comments:
Post a Comment